Pet Photography Program
Help Our Pets Get Adopted Faster!
The Kentucky Humane Society (KHS) recently revamped its Pet Photography Program. Our goal is to increase adoptions through high-quality photos of adoptable pets on kyhumane.org.
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Photographers (DSLR photography experience preferred.)
- Photography assistants to transport pets to the photography studio and assist with photography. No photography experience necessary.
Volunteers must be available at least one day a week (does not have to be the same day each week) and must make a six-month commitment to the program.
The current Pet Photography Program shifts are as follows:
- Monday's 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday's 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday's 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday's 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Friday's 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
A digital camera, lighting and all props will be provided. Photo sessions will only be conducted at the KHS Main Campus, located at 241 Steedly Drive, Louisville, KY 40214.
Photography volunteers must complete the following prerequisites before they can volunteer:
- Volunteer Orientation (1.50 hrs)
This is a general volunteer orientation provided by our Volunteer Coordinator. It is required for all Kentucky Humane Society volunteers and provides you with an overview about KHS and all the volunteer positions available. This class is only available monthly and runs about one-and-a-half hours in length.
- Canine Coach Training (1.00 hrs)
This is a class taught by our Behavioral Leader and instructs volunteers on how to handle the adult dogs at the KHS shelter. This class is very important and is required to become a volunteer with the Pet Photography Program. It is important not only for your safety, but also for the safety of the animals. This class is also only available monthly and runs about one hour in length.
If you are a current photography volunteer and have completed Volunteer Orientation and Canine Coach training, you may sign up online for shifts here: Pet Photography Schedule.
YOU can make a difference!