Service Learning Projects
Earn Service Learning Credits for School
Do you want to help needy pets through a service learning project? There are many ways for children, scouts and students to make a difference for the animals.
Here is a list of projects and how much credit you can earn:
- Organize and host a "wish list" drive- 1 hour per 10 items collected
- Create cat toys – 1 credit hour per 5 homemade toys
- Kitty Comfort Box - 1 hour per box; download directions (PDF)
- Create dog bandanas to pamper our pooches – 1/2 credit hour per 5 bandanas
- Organize a fundraiser for the animals – 1 hour for every $5 collected
- Buck for a Pup- Collect money at school or church for the animals
- Host a Read-a-Thon or Bowl-a-Thon
- Have a car wash
- Barkin’ Bake Sale- Bake dog treats and “owner treats," then host a bake sale at school.
Upon completion of your project, please contact the volunteer coordinator to schedule a day and time to deliver all wish list items, toys, or monetary donations to the KHS Main Campus or East Campus. View directions and hours of operation.