Sign Up for a Volunteer Shift
The Kentucky Humane Society uses VolunteerSpot to schedule volunteer shifts and special tasks.
Below you will find a link for volunteer opportunities available at both the Main Campus in South Louisville and the East Campus adjacent to Westport Village. Below are directions on how to access this schedule and sign up for specified days that you are available.
- Click on the appropriate link below for the location where you wish to volunteer.
- You will then be redirected to volunteerspot.com and asked to enter your email address.
- After entering your e-mail address, you will be directed to a calendar format. Simply click on the day that you are interested in volunteering and choose the volunteer opportunity of your interest. The shifts are broke up into morning (shift a) and afternoon (shift b); however, you are not required to volunteer for the entirety of the shift. You must also be trained in the area that you sign up to volunteer. You can sign up for multiple shifts and volunteer opportunities in the same day.
- Once you have signed up for the days, positions and shifts that you are available to volunteer, you will click “CONFIRM” at the top of the page.
- You will then click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the following page to confirm your scheduled day and to add to your personal calendar. VolunteerSpot will send you a reminder for the opportunities that you sign up for two days prior to your scheduled shift.
- If you ever need to cancel your shift, simply visit the link below, click on the day you must cancel and remove yourself from that day and that specific volunteer opportunity.
**Please note that you must still sign in and out at the volunteer sign in area on site for your hours to be tracked**
Sign up using the following links: