Sign Up for a Volunteer Shift
The Kentucky Humane Society uses VolunteerSpot.com to schedule volunteer shifts and special tasks. The scheduling tool helps us ensure that we are utilizing your time effectively! The scheduling tool is used ONLY for the Main Campus and East Campus volunteer opportunities.
Please Note: Before scheduling your first volunteer shift, you must complete Volunteer Orientation.
The following instructions show how to access the schedule and sign up for shifts.
- Click on the appropriate link below to sign up for a volunteer shift. You will then be redirected to www.volunteerspot.com and asked to enter your email address.
- After entering your email address, you will be directed to a calendar. Click the day and volunteer opportunity of interest. You must be trained in the area that you sign up to volunteer.
The shifts are broken into morning (Shift a) and afternoon (Shift b); however, you are not required to volunteer for the entirety of the shift. You may also sign up for multiple shifts and volunteer opportunities in the same day.
- Once you have signed up for the days, positions and shifts that you are available, click "CONFIRM" at the top of the page.
- Click "CONTINUE" at the bottom of the next page to confirm your scheduled day and to add to your personal calendar. Volunteer Spot will send you a reminder for the opportunities that you sign up for two days prior to your scheduled shift.
- If you need to cancel your shift, simply click the link for the appropriate location, select the day you need to cancel and remove yourself from that day and specific volunteer opportunity.
***Please note that volunteers are required to sign in and out at the volunteer sign-in area at KHS.***
Please direct any questions to Volunteer Coordinator Whitney Hobbs via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone, (502) 515-3145.