Waggin' Trail May 18, 2013
Thank You to Everyone Who Came Out in Support of Our Pets!
2013 Waggin' Trail Walk for the Animals
Saturday, May 18 at E.P. "Tom" Sawyer Park
Thanks, everyone, who came out to E.P. "Tom" Sawyer Park on Saturday, May 18, for the 19th annual Waggin' Trail Walk for the Animals! The day was beautiful, pets and people had a great time - AND you helped raise tens of thousands of dollars for the Kentucky Humane Society's lifesaving mission.
We are still tallying gifts - and are still accepting donations! Check out the Waggin' Trail fundraising page or call 502-515-3144 to make a donaton.
We will post a final fundraising tally and photos soon.
Congratulations to our 2013 Waggin' Trail 5K winners!
- Fastest Male - John Campbell
- Fastest Female - Danielle Meriweather
- Fastest Male with Dog - Alan Goldman
- Fastest Female with Dog - Erika Kohler
- Fastest Boy - Timothy Wagner
- Fastest Girl - Lexa Cardwell
Curious about your race results? Check out 3 Way Racing's website for race results
Congrats and thank you to our 2013 Waggin' Trail top fundraisers!
- Rick Maynard, longtime KHS supporter and board member, was once again our top individual fundraiser, bringing in more than $6,000 for our lifesaving mission. Thank you, Rick! Your passion and dedication to helping our dogs and cats mean so much.
- Our top fundraising team this year was Team KFC Yum! (photo below) This team raised more than $10,000 - an incredible feat! We are so grateful for their leadership and their interest in helping homeless animals in our community.
2012 Fundraising Award Winners
Top Fundraising Individual: Rick Maynard
Top Fundraising Team: Team KFC
Last year's recap:
Waggin' Trail 2012 was a fantastic success! Thank you to everyone who came out in support of our animals. The weather was perfect, the attendance was high, the vendors were awesome, the food was delicious, and the animal lovers and dogs had a great time!
A special thanks to our presenting sponsor Hill's Science Diet and our Gold Sponsor Feeders Supply, our media sponsors WDRB, WXMA, Tails Magazine and the LEO - and to all the wonderful, fabulous, hardworking and cheerful volunteers who helped make the day a success, including the Ignite Louisville team, and the wonderful individuals and teams who raised money for the walk or 5K run. Thank you, everyone! You've made a huge difference for KHS and the animals we serve.
Thanks to our generous donors and dedicated participants who gave of their time and money to support 2012 Waggin' Trail, we were able to raise over $92,000 for our life-saving adoptions, spay/neuter, and education programs! We owe a special thank you to every individual and team who made the selfless commitment to "work for the animals" and reach their fundraising goals.