Waggin' Trail May 16, 2015
Let's Make This a Walk to Remember!
We had a wonderful turnout for Waggin' Trail in 2014, but we'd love to see an even bigger turnout in 2015!
This year, we are holding our walk at Waterfront Park. Registration, booths, food, music and fun will be found on the Big Four Lawn. We want this to be a great event, and we hope that you can be a part of it.
Register today to Walk for the Animals.
Your pledges make a big difference to our shelter pets. We can use the funds in many ways:
- $50 provides one day’s worth of food and water to 25 pets in our care
- $100 provides supplies for 10 surgeries in our high-quality, donor-supported SNIP clinic
- $250 provides a medical exam, vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery and micro-chip for one needy pet
- $500 pays for one heartworm positive dog to receive medication
- $1000 pays the bills to rehabilitate an abused or neglected pet
Without events like the Waggin’ Trail, KHS wouldn’t be able to serve the thousands of homeless pets they do each year. In 2014, KHS set a record and found homes for more than 6,500 pets, saved over 200 animals with our Help-Me-Heal Fund, educated more than 5,000 children about responsible pet owner and since opening in 2007, our S.N.I.P. Clinic has performed more than 70,000 spay/neuter surgeries on owned pets.
On behalf of the thousands of animals saved by the Kentucky Humane Society each year, thank you! We can’t do it without you.
2014 Fundraising Award Winners
Top Fundraising Individual: Rick Maynard
Top Fundraising Team: Team KFC Yum!