Waggin' Trail May 17, 2014
Thanks to Everyone Who Walked This Year!
We had a wonderful turnout on May 17. Thanks to all who came out to support KHS!
The new location, Beckley Creek Park at the Parklands of Floyds Fork, was beautiful. Your pledges make a big difference to our shelter pets. We can use the funds in many ways:
- $50 provides one day’s worth of food and water to 25 pets in our care
- $100 provides supplies for 10 surgeries in our high-quality, donor-supported SNIP clinic
- $250 provides a medical exam, vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery and micro-chip for one needy pet
- $500 pays for one heartworm positive dog to receive medication
- $1000 pays the bills to rehabilitate an abused or neglected pet
Without events like the Waggin’ Trail, KHS wouldn’t be able to serve the thousands of homeless pets they do each year. In 2013, KHS set a record and found homes for more than 6,300 pets, saved over 200 animals with our Help-Me-Heal Fund, educated more than 5,000 children about responsible pet owner and since opening in 2007, our S.N.I.P. Clinic has performed more than 60,000 spay/neuter surgeries on owned pets.
On behalf of the thousands of animals saved by the Kentucky Humane Society each year, thank you! We can’t do it without you.
2014 Fundraising Award Winners
Top Fundraising Individual: Rick Maynard
Top Fundraising Team: Team KFC Yum!