10. Bathing by a professional groomer with high-quality products helps remove old hair, dirt and excess oil from the skin. This can help prevent future skin problems. The groomer is also able to feel lumps and bumps that may not be noticeable otherwise.
9. Matted hair is very uncomfortable and may cause pain for your pet. It creates a breeding environment for fleas and ticks.
8. Clearing your dog's private areas of hair is just plain good hygiene. This sanitary trim helps prevent your dog's stool sticking to fur and urine drying on long hair. This helps your dog stay fresh and clean longer.
7. Dogs cool off by panting and by air circulating around and through their pads. Long hair growing in that area impairs that ability.
6. Crust in the corner of the eyes is very uncomfortable and tears will not only stain the eyes, but cause a horrible stench. Sores may develop that can only be seen after removing the thick crust upon grooming.
5. Anal glands fill up, and can burst causing very expensive surgery and unnecessary pain. Plus, do you really want your dog scooting around your carpet?
4. Long and overgrown nails force your dog to walk on the sides of their pads which causes pain. This also contributes to arthritis in the long run. If the nails are not trimmed on a regular basis, the quicks will become very long, and can grow into the paw pads, which is extremely painful.
3. Your dog's ears have hair deep inside the canal that needs to be removed. This prevents potential ear infections which are very uncomfortable, painful and expensive. Not to mention certain infections release a horrible odor throughout the skin.
2. Regular grooming makes it a easier and more enjoyable experience for the dog.
1. Your dog will be healthy and happy!
To learn more about what services we offer, please call either Fern Creek Pet Resort (502)499-1910 or Eastpoint Pet Resort (502)253-2221, or visit our website, khspetresorts.com.