KHS Group Behavior Classes
Whether you're interested in training basics for your puppy or adult dog, resolving problem behaviors or teaching tricks, KHS has a class for you and your dog. View our calendar of upcoming training classes.
Interested in one-on-one training? Check out our Individual Training options, which include In-Home Training with you and your dog, In-Office Consultations, and Day Training, in which our insured trainers come to your home and work with your dog while you're away.
Why Choose KHS Behavior Training?
Because we believe in finding proactive solutions for your companion animals by strengthening and restoring the relationship with your canine. This means every member of our community has access to behavior training from some of the best instructors in the city!
- Our trainers have been educated in positive reinforcement training and ONLY use dog- and human-friendly techniques.
- We are proud to have behavior experts holding certifications such as: CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer - Knowledge Assessed), Karen Pryor Academy (KPA) Certified Training Partners (CTPs), Certified Professional Dog Trainer, AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator. They also hold professional memberships: Professional Member Association of Pet Dog Trainers, the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) and the Musical Dog Sport Association (MDSA). These prestigious certifications require hours of in-class and hands-on training experience. All of our trainers can provide veterinarian, client and colleague recommendations and have passed independent, science-based exams to demonstrate knowledge in applicable areas.
- We have a very low student-to-instructor ratio (usually not more than eight students per one instructor) to give you and your dog individualized attention.
Benefits of Behavior Training
Through education and positive training, we can help…
- Develop a better relationship between you and your pet
- Prevent common canine behaviors, like chewing, jumping and play-biting, before they become a problem
- Address "bad" behaviors like digging, house-soiling and excessive barking
- Socialize your dog with four-legged and two-legged friends
Plus, all behavior training fees benefit KHS!
If you have questions or need helpful tips, email the KHS Community Behavior Training Program or call