Why adopt a cat during the pandemic? Here are just a few reasons:
- Cats don’t judge what you choose to binge watch (they reserve judgment for other reasons)
- Haven’t worn pants for weeks? No problem! Cats don’t need to be walked three times a day.
- If you’re tired of talking to yourself or your family, chat with a cat. They are great listeners.
- Need something new to post to Instagram or Facebook? Cats are insanely photogenic and hilarious.
- Toe beans are the cutest things ever
- Cats follow you into the kitchen and cheer you on when you reach for that bowl of ice cream.
- Cat purrs are the most relaxing noise ever – even better than that white noise machine you’ve been thinking about getting.
- Petting a cat is like petting your old security blanket – suddenly you realize everything will be OK.
To set up an adoption appointment to be matched with your new quarantine buddy, visit www.kyhumane.org/cats. The $10 adoption special for cats age five months and older is valid until further notice at the KHS East Campus at 1000 Lyndon Lane, the KHS Sam Swope Pet Treatment & Lifesaving Center at 241 Steedly Drive, and at Purrfect Day Café at 1741 Bardstown Road in Louisville.
All cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped and up-to-date on vaccinations and flea prevention. Adoption is pending approval of an application process that takes about an hour.