Charitable Rollovers Help Shelter Pets
Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) while also saving taxes and animals. The IRA Charitable Rollover provides you with an excellent opportunity to make a gift during your lifetime from an asset that would be subject to multiple levels of taxation if it remained in your taxable estate.
- You must be 70 1/2 years of age or older at the time of the gift.
- The transfers must originate from a traditional IRA or ROTH account. 401k, 403b, SEP or other retirement plans do not qualify.
- Your plan provider must issue the donation directly to the charity. Funds withdrawn and personally sent by you to the charity do not qualify.
- Your donation can be used to satify your Minimum Required Distribution (MRD).
- Your gift can be any amount up to $100,000.
- The gift can be excluded from your gross income for federal tax purposes.
- You will benefit from giving, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- The transfer may be made in addition to any other charitable giving your have planned.
Contact your IRA administrator to discuss your gift intent. They will provide instructions for transferring the funds to the Kentucky Humane Society.
Your gift will have KHS pets rolling over for joy!
Would you like to learn more about how an IRA Charitable Rollover can help KHS? Contact Kristin Binkowski, [email protected] or 502-515-3147.