An Animal-Focused Camp
Lifelong Friends Camp - Ages 6-11
Lifelong Friends Camp is back at our East Campus! Lifelong Friends campers will learn how to be ambassadors for our shelter animals. Camp activities are designed to empower campers to make a difference in their community while having fun with friends two-legged and four-legged! This camp includes:
- Learning about pets and pet responsibility, including training techniques and dog body language;
- Meeting a variety of adoptable pets;
- Being a veterinarian! Performing a mock spay surgery;
- Competing in Guardian Games, designed to promote teambuilding;
- Participating in a service project to benefit the animals of the Kentucky Humane Society.
Lifelong Friends campers enhance their learning experience through crafts, games, videos, guest speakers and more! Children are grouped according to age. Extended care and Pizza Friday options are also available. Sign up your child to become a Lifelong Friend today!
Choose choose a week at our East Campus
- KHS East Campus, 1000 Lyndon Lane, Louisville, KY 40222
- Choose from camp dates of June 5-9, June 12-16, June 19-23, June 26-30, July 5-7 (reduced camp price), July 10-14, July 17-21 or July 24-28.
Register for Camp
Time with Shelter Animals
While shelter animals are an important part of camp, time with our furry friends is limited and closely monitored. We have a limited number of animals with which our campers may interact, and they need time to relax and recuperate from the excitement of our daily hands-on sessions. Because it is ideal for puppies and kittens to be placed in homes as soon as they are healthy enough to leave the shelter, we cannot guarantee that they will be included in your child's camp session. We understand how important it is for our campers to socialize with puppies and kittens, and we make every effort to include them in camp.
Peanut Butter Use
The shelter and adoption centers use significant amounts of peanut butter for treats and in the administering of medication. Because of this, we recommend children with severe peanut allergies not attend camp.
Lifelong Friends Camp is sponsored by