The Kentucky Humane Society wants to strengthen the bond between you and your pets through education, positive training and access to local pet resources.
Dog Behavior Resources
- Check out these training and behavioral tips to help your dog.Click here
Cat Behavior Resources
- View tips on cat behavior and common issues. Click here
Call the KHS Pet Help Line
The KHS Pet Help Line provides free advice for whatever animal issues you are experiencing, 502-509-4PET. Learn more
- The KHS S.N.I.P. Clinic at 2445 Crittenden Drive provides high-quality, low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for owned pets. They also offer financial aid to people who cannot afford the clinic's already low costs. Learn more
Affordable Basic Veterinary Care
- Our Healthy Pets Clinic at 241 Steedly Drive provides affordable vaccines, preventatives, basic veterinary care and diagnostics. Learn more
KHS Dog Training Classes
- KHS offers reasonably priced, positive reinforcement behavior classes for dogs. Classes range from puppy classes and basic manners to Reactive Rover for dog-reactive dogs and Wallflowers for very shy dogs. Learn more
No Kill Louisville's Pet Food Bank
- NKL's Pet Food Bank provides free two-week supplies of pet food on a first-come basis to families and their pets. Learn more
Pet Friendly Housing
- RentCafé - search pet-friendly apartments located in the Louisville area. You can search by neighborhood or zip and can even find info on breed restrictions and pet deposits.
Help for Unowned Cats
- Do you have community, unowned cats (feral cats) in your neighborhood? Alley Cat Advocates (ACA) is Louisville's leader in protecting and spaying/neutering these pets. Check our their website for helpful tips and resources. Questions about community, unowned cats? Contact the ACA Community Cat Coordinator at 634-8777.
National Council on Aging, Aging in Place with Pets
- Aging in Place is a resource hub for seniors and their families to learn more about the specific aspects of aging in place.
Joint Supplemnents for Pets
- Purchase your pet’s joint supplements at 1-800-PetMeds.