COVID-19 UPDATE: We are now offering Private In-Person Training (following all Healthy at Work guidelines) as well as Virtual Dog Training through video and phone support.
There are some behaviors that aren’t just about “sit” and “come.” Sometimes, there are dogs that could use a little extra support, or you may have a specific question or behavior that you finally have the time to start working on. Being home can make some of these behaviors more noticeable, but it is also a great opportunity to help your dog’s behavior improve! Private lessons are one hour each and are $80 per lesson or $288 for a 4-lesson package. All lessons are scheduled by phone at 502-253-2883. We have both virtual and in-person options available.
*Note that different dogs and behaviors may be better suited to in-person training or virtual training depending on the details of your case. Please call us at 502-253-2883 and we are happy to help you select that option that will be best for you and your dog!
In-Person Private Training
We excited to be offering In-Person Private Training again! Our trainer can work with you in your own yard or meet you out in the world to address your specific goals and your dog’s behavior challenges. This service will be held outdoors only and will follow the Healthy at Work guidelines.
Virtual Private Training
Through a live one-on-one video chat, a KHS trainer can meet you and your dog, see the behavior in real time, and walk you through the exercises you will need to help you and your dog reach your goals. All lessons are followed with a written training plan and include access to your trainer by phone, email, or video chat if you need additional help between your lessons.
Virtual Group Classes
Offering Manners for Life, our beginning manners and obedience class!
All 6 weeks of class are available online as video sessions with accompanying written material. Your instructor will cover 4 exercises each week. You can access all class materials at any time during and after your class so you can review your lessons at any time. If you have any questions throughout your class, your instructor will be available to you by phone, email, or video chat to coach you as you go.
Manners for Life covers all the basics including sit, down, leash walking, coming when called, and how to greet politely without jumping up along with lots of other skills! Now is the perfect time to teach your dog the basics and get them ready to come back out into the world and strut their stuff!
Why Choose KHS Behavior Training?
- Because we believe in finding proactive solutions for your companion animals by strengthening and restoring the relationship with your canine. This means every member of our community has access to behavior training from some of the best instructors in the city!
- Our trainers have been educated in positive reinforcement training and ONLY use dog- and human-friendly techniques.
- We are proud to offer professional training services from behavior experts holding certifications such as: CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer - Knowledge Assessed) from the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT), ACDBC (Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant) from the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC), and Canine Good Citizen Evaluator from the American Kennel Club. They also hold professional memberships with the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC). These memberships and prestigious certifications require hours of in-class and hands-on training experience and are maintained through mandatory continued education and study. Our trainers have passed independent, science-based exams to demonstrate years of experience, knowledge, and skill in applicable areas and all can provide veterinarian, client, and colleague recommendations.
- We have a very low student-to-instructor ratio (usually not more than eight students per one instructor) to give you and your dog individualized attention.
Benefits of Behavior Training
Through education and positive training, we can help…
- Develop a better relationship between you and your pet
- Prevent common canine behaviors, like chewing, jumping and play-biting, before they become a problem
- Address "bad" behaviors like digging, house-soiling and excessive barking
- Socialize your dog with four-legged and two-legged friends
Plus, all behavior training fees benefit KHS!