Need Help for Your Pet?
If you need help keeping your pet in your home, there are many resources that can help:
Pet Behavior Resources
The Kentucky Humane Society wants to strengthen the bond between you and your pets through education and positive training.
Call the KHS Pet Help Line
The KHS Pet Help Line provides free advice for whatever animal issues you are experiencing. Learn more
KHS Dog Training Classes
- KHS offers reasonably priced, positive reinforcement behavior classes for dogs. Classes range from puppy classes and basic manners to Reactive Rover for dog-reactive dogs and Wallflowers for very shy dogs. Learn more
Louisville Metro Animal Services' Low-Cost Clinics
Louisville Metro Animal Services, our city's public shelter, provides low-cost rabies vaccination, micro-chipping and pet licensing clinics throughout the year. View their website for upcoming clinics
No Kill Louisville's Pet Food Bank
- NKL's Pet Food Bank provides free two-week supplies of pet food on a first-come basis to families and their pets. Learn more
- The KHS S.N.I.P. Clinic provides high-quality, low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for owned pets. They also offer financial aid to people who cannot afford the clinic's already low costs. Learn more
Help for Unowned Cats
- Do you have community, unowned cats (feral cats) in your neighborhood? Alley Cat Advocates (ACA) is Louisville's leader in protecting and spaying/neutering these pets. Check our their website for helpful tips and resources. Questions about community, unowned cats? Contact the ACA Community Cat Coordinator at 634-8777.
Pet Friendly Apartments
- Looking for a pet friendly apartment? Look no further as Apartment Guide has your solution. Browse here..