Need Help for Your Pet?
If you need help keeping your pet in your home, there are many resources that can help:
Pet Behavior Resources
The Kentucky Humane Society wants to strengthen the bond between you and your pets through education and positive training.
Call the KHS Pet Help Line
- The KHS Pet Help Line provides free advice for whatever animal issues you are experiencing. Learn more
KHS Dog Training Classes
- KHS offers reasonably priced, positive reinforcement behavior classes for dogs. Learn more
Louisville Metro Animal Services’ Low-Cost Clinics
Louisville Metro Animal Services, our city’s public shelter, provides low-cost rabies vaccination, micro-chipping and pet licensing clinics throughout the year. View their website for upcoming clinics
No Kill Louisville’s Pet Food Bank
- NKL’s Pet Food Bank provides free two-week supplies of pet food on a first-come basis to families and their pets. Learn more
- The KHS S.N.I.P. Clinic provides high-quality, low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for owned pets. They also offer financial aid to people who cannot afford the clinic’s already low costs. Learn more
Help for Unowned Cats
- Do you have community, unowned cats (feral cats) in your neighborhood? Alley Cat Advocates (ACA) is Louisville’s leader in protecting and spaying/neutering these pets. Check our their website for helpful tips and resources. Questions about community, unowned cats? Contact the ACA Community Cat Coordinator at 634-8777.
Pet Friendly Apartments
- Looking for a pet friendly apartment? Check out Apartment Guide.