Derby Dinner Playhouse Seeking "Bruiser" and "Rufus" for "Legally Blonde: The Musical"
- WHO: Derby Dinner Playhouse (DDP) and the Kentucky Humane Society (KHS)
- WHAT: Casting call for local dogs to play “Bruiser” (a Chihuahua) and “Rufus" (a Bulldog) in DDP’s Legally Blonde: The Musical
- WHEN: Saturday, January 30, 10 a.m. till noon
- WHERE: Derby Dinner Playhouse, 525 Marriott Dr, Clarksville, IN 47129
MORE INFORMATION: Lee Buckholz, associate producer of Derby Dinner Playhouse (DDP), along with a canine behavior trainer from the Kentucky Humane Society, will be assessing local dogs for the roles of “Bruiser,” a Chihuahua, and “Rufus,” a Bulldog, in DDP’s upcoming spring production of Legally Blonde: The Musical.
Local dogs and their owners will be at the casting call on Saturday, January 30, 10 a.m. till noon. Derby Dinner Playhouse, 525 Marriott Dr., Clarksville Ind.
Legally Blonde is a fabulously fun musical based on the hit movie. Follow the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes, snobbery, and scandal, in pursuit of her dreams.
To qualify for the jobs of “Bruiser” or “Rufus,” the winning dogs must:
- love people
- like the other dog star
- “Bruiser” must be comfortable being carried in a purse
Rehearsals will run March 21-April 4, and the dogs must be available for some limited rehearsals. The production will run Tuesdays through Sundays April 5-May 15; the dogs must be available for eight performances each week. For more information, contact Lee Buckholz at [email protected]