Giving in Honor or Memory of a Loved One
Giving an honor or memorial gift is a meaningful way to recognize a loved one — two-legged or four-legged. Your gift is not only a tribute to someone special in your life, but it helps the Kentucky Humane Society continue serving thousands of homeless cats and dogs in our community.
- In memory of a pet or loved one
- Honoring your parents on Father’s Day and/or Mother’s Day
- Celebrating birthdays (pet and human!)
- In lieu of holiday gifts
- Recognizing wedding and anniversary dates
- Celebrating graduations and major achievements
- Honoring outstanding employees
- Or, for the animal lover who has everything
Your honor or memorial gift will be recognized, and the family notified.
- We’ll send a special card to the individual or family you have honored
- We’ll send you the Paw Street Journal for free (if your gift is $25 or more).
You can make your gift in the following the ways:
- Make a secure gift online
- Make a gift via phone – call (502) 515-3143
- Make a gift by mail. Send your check to Kentucky Humane Society, 1000 Lyndon Lane Suite B, Louisville, KY 40222*
*Please include the following in the comments box online or with your gift by mail: who the gift is in honor/memory of, as well as a name and address of where to send a card.
Order a Dedication Paver
Another way to honor a loved one is to purchase a Kentucky Humane Society Dedication Paver. These attractive, engraved stones are laid in our Garden of Lifelong Friends at the KHS Sam Swope Pet Treatment & Lifesaving Center on Steedly Drive. Each paver purchased to honor a beloved pet will include an adorable paw print.
If you choose, KHS will mail a card to your honoree or the next of kin and let them know you made an honor of/memorial gift. During this holiday season, this is a wonderful way you can honor someone special while helping shelter pets.
Small Paver 4″ X 8″ : $100
3 Lines – 13 Characters per line (including spaces and punctuation)
Large Paver 8″ X 8″ : $250
5 Lines – 13 Characters per line (including spaces and punctuation)
To purchase a Dedication Paver by phone, please call (502) 366-3355. To purchase a Dedication Paver by mail, download an order form here (PDF).