- How do I make a donation?
- Can I donate pet items that I no longer need?
- How do I make a gift in honor or memory of someone?
- What does my donation help fund?
- Where does KHS receive its funding?
- Can I make donations automatically on my debit or credit card?
- Will you sell my name/information?
- How do I change my address or remove my name from your mailing list?
- How do I get started as a volunteer?
- What do I need to bring to volunteer orientation?
- What is the volunteer membership program?
- How many hours am I required to volunteer each week?
- I need to complete service learning hours for school/church. What can I do to help?
- Make a secure gift online
- Make a gift via phone–call (502) 515-3144.
- Make a gift by mail. Send your check to Kentucky Humane Society,1000 Lyndon Lane, Louisville, KY 40222.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. Gifts of $50 or more are recognized in our quarterly PAW STREET JOURNAL newsletter.
- Make KHS a beneficiary of your Will or Life Insurance Policy.
- Donate your vehicle to KHS.
- Eastpoint Pet Resort
- Fern Creek Pet Resort
- KHS Main Campus
- S.N.I.P. Clinic
We would be happy to help you honor a loved one with a special gift to KHS! Please send us the following information:
- Is this an honor gift or memorial gift?
- What is the name of the person or pet you would like to honor or memorialize?
- Who should receive notification of this gift? This is optional. If you choose, we will send a card to the recipient or his/her family notifying them of this gift.
- What is your full name and address?
- Send to: Kentucky Humane Society
1000 Lyndon Lane Suite B
Louisville, KY 40222
Your donation funds pet programs and services at KHS. We rely on donations from people like you to care for thousands of needy dogs and cats each year.
KHS has been awarded the highest ranking - 4 stars - from Charity Navigator, the nation’s leading independent evaluator of non-profits.
As a private, non-profit organization, KHS receives no state or federal funding from any entity and relies upon the support of private individuals, organizations and corporations to continue our mission.
Yes, we accept cash, checks, automatic debit or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery) and can set up a gift payment schedule that’s convenient for you. Please contact the KHS Database Manager at (502) 515-3144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, we will not sell, give or trade a donor's personal information to any other entity in existence unless we receive written permission from the donor or, lacking that, provide donors with an easy and user-friendly way to opt out of having their information sold or traded.
At the Kentucky Humane Society, we support the Donor Bill of Rights, as approved by many organizations including the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
We will be happy to change your address so that you continue to receive mailings, or remove your name from our mailing list. Please contact the KHS Database Manager at (502) 515-3144 or email@example.com.
If you are 18 or older, you can participate in our adult volunteer program. First, you’ll need to attend a volunteer orientation, held at the Kentucky Humane Society’s main campus. Please check contact our volunteer coordinator (502) 515-3145 or firstname.lastname@example.org find out when the next orientation is scheduled.
If you are 14-17 years old, you can participate in our student volunteer program. The program runs from January-February, August-September, and October-November. After the submission deadline, the volunteer coordinator will contact you about your acceptance in the program for that session. Please contact the volunteer coordinator at (502) 515-3145 or email@example.com to learn more.
If you are 10-13 years old, you can participate in our junior volunteer program. A parent or guardian will be required to volunteer with you at all times and must attend an adult volunteer orientation before you can start volunteering. Please contact the volunteer manager to reserve your spot at (502) 515-3145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All you need to bring is yourself! If interested in participating in our volunteer membership program (which is optional), please bring $20 in cash or check or you may pay via credit card.
The volunteer membership program is an optional program for our most dedicated volunteers. As a volunteer member, you will receive a volunteer T-shirt, discount card (adoptions, birthday parties, summer camp, SNIP Clinic, resorts) a subscription to the PSJ and a copy of our annual report.
As an adult volunteer, it will depend on which volunteer programs you select for participation, as some opportunities require training and a time commitment, while others do not. This is discussed in more detail at the orientation. As a student volunteer, you are asked to volunteer 2 hours per week for a 2-month period. As a junior volunteer, you will be asked to volunteer at least 2 hours per month with a parent or guardian for a 6-month period.
There are several volunteer projects that you can complete to help the needy animals in our care. Learn about the service learning projects. Please contact the volunteer manager for further direction at (502) 515-3145 or email@example.com.