- How do I make a donation?
- Can I donate pet items that I no longer need?
- How do I make a gift in honor or memory of someone?
- What does my donation help fund?
- Where does KHS receive its funding?
- Can I make donations automatically on my debit or credit card?
- Will you sell my name/information?
- How do I change my address or remove my name from your mailing list?
- How do I get started as a volunteer?
- What do I need to bring to volunteer orientation?
- What is the volunteer membership program?
- How many hours am I required to volunteer each week?
- I need to complete service learning hours for school/church. What can I do to help?
- Make a secure gift online
- Make a gift via phone–call (502) 515-3144.
- Make a gift by mail. Send your check to Kentucky Humane Society,1000 Lyndon Lane, Louisville, KY 40222.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. Gifts of $50 or more are recognized in our quarterly PAW STREET JOURNAL newsletter.
- Make KHS a beneficiary of your Will or Life Insurance Policy.
- Donate your vehicle to KHS.
- Eastpoint Pet Resort
- Fern Creek Pet Resort
- KHS Main Campus
- S.N.I.P. Clinic
We would be happy to help you honor a loved one with a special gift to KHS! Please send us the following information:
- Is this an honor gift or memorial gift?
- What is the name of the person or pet you would like to honor or memorialize?
- Who should receive notification of this gift? This is optional. If you choose, we will send a card to the recipient or his/her family notifying them of this gift.
- What is your full name and address?
- Send to: Kentucky Humane Society
1000 Lyndon Lane Suite B
Louisville, KY 40222
81 cents of every dollar generated goes directly to fund pet programs and services at KHS. We rely solely on donations from private supporters to care for thousands of needy dogs and cats each year.
KHS has been awarded the highest possible rating by Charity Navigator, the nation’s leading independent evaluator of non-profits. KHS is one of only nine non-profits in Kentucky and the only animal group in Kentucky or Indiana to receive this four-star rating.
As a private, non-profit organization, KHS receives no state or federal funding from any entity and relies upon the support of private individuals, organizations and corporations to continue our mission.
No, we will not sell, give or trade a donor's personal information to any other entity in existence unless we receive written permission from the donor or, lacking that, provide donors with an easy and user-friendly way to opt out of having their information sold or traded.
At the Kentucky Humane Society, we support the Donor Bill of Rights, as approved by many organizations including the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
All you need to bring is yourself! If interested in participating in our volunteer membership program (which is optional), please bring $20 in cash or check or you may pay via credit card.
The volunteer membership program is an optional program for our most dedicated volunteers. As a volunteer member, you will receive a volunteer T-shirt, discount card (adoptions, birthday parties, summer camp, SNIP Clinic, resorts) a subscription to the PSJ and a copy of our annual report.
As an adult volunteer, it will depend on which volunteer programs you select for participation, as some opportunities require training and a time commitment, while others do not. This is discussed in more detail at the orientation. As a student volunteer, you are asked to volunteer 2 hours per week for a 2-month period. As a junior volunteer, you will be asked to volunteer at least 2 hours per month with a parent or guardian for a 6-month period.