Ways to Donate
How to Make a Gift to the Kentucky Humane Society
People like YOU support the Kentucky Humane Society (KHS). Period. As a private, non-profit organization, KHS receives no city, state or federal funding, nor are we a branch or affiliate of any national humane organization.
KHS relies on donations from private individuals, organizations and corporations right here in our area to continue our critical mission.
Also be sure to check out the Kentucky Humane Society's signature events throughout the year!
Here’s how you can give:
- Make a secure gift online. It's safe, easy and secure.
- Make a gift via phone–call (502) 515-3144.
- Make a gift by mail. Send your check to Kentucky Humane Society, 1000 Lyndon Lane Suite B, Louisville, KY 40222.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. Gifts of $50 or more are recognized in several ways, including inclusion in the Donor List in the Paw Street Journal, KHS' quarterly newsletter.
- Make KHS a beneficiary of your Will or Life Insurance Policy.
- Donate your vehicle to KHS.
- Donate a much needed item to KHS.
- Host a fundraiser for KHS.
- Apply for a KHS Debit Card from Park Community Federal Credit Union and help needy animals while making everyday purchases!
- Vote for KHS in the Animal Rescue Site's Shelter+Challenge.
We accept cash, checks, automatic debit or credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discovery) and gifts of mutual funds, securities and publicly-traded stock, as well as in-kind donations of useful items.
Putting your dollars to good use!
The Kentucky Humane Society is a careful steward of the donations given to us. Out of every dollar donated, 86 cents goes toward pet programs.