Karaoke “Therapy” at the Bards’town

On - March 25, 2022
Timing - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Save to Calander

Categories : No Categories

Love to sing? Love animals? Join us Friday, March 25 at 8 pm for Karaoke “Therapy” at the Bards’town!

Karaoke “Therapy” is a fun event that merges traditional karaoke with the open-mike concept. Each Karaoke “Therapy” Session runs from 8-10pm. The event will take place in the Bards’town Restaurant’s karaoke room, located at 1801 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205, and is free as long as guests do not bring food or drinks inside.

Each singer will have two minutes to share about the song (singer can share why it is important to them or tell a story connected to the song). Singers may choose to sing without talking and that is totally fine. Each performer that chooses not to sing is given five minutes to perform a poem or another creative form of expression. Each performer is asked to bring guests, and each guests are asked to donate $5. At 10 pm, 70% of the donations will be given to the Kentucky Humane Society and the other 30% will go to KJ Groucho Trout. 

The Facebook group “Karaoke Therapy”, along with e-mail, is used to register performers and there will be a sign-up sheet for the first ten presenters that signup to perform that evening. We encourage people to be there at the beginning of the event to sign up.

Each performer is asked to do the following:

  1. Introduce themselves
  2. Share their poem or performance piece (no more than 5 minutes). If they sing, they are encouraged to put the song in context. They can share why this song is so important and/or share a story associated with the song. This can be deep and spiritual or funny and goofy, the sky’s the limit. The key is that people have a chance to share with a loving audience.

PLEASE NOTE: This fundraising event is not promoted as a replacement for professional mental health treatment, it is just a fun safe place for folks to feel accepted and connect with others. This sharing creates a safe space to allow the audience to experience healing and fun through music.

To learn more about this event and how to get involved, please click here.

Scroll to Top