The holiday season starts on Thursday, and whether you are having family over for Thanksgiving dinner or taking your dog to the family Hanukkah celebration, it is important to keep a few safety tips in mind to keep your pet safe during family time.
- Don’t feed your dog table scraps, especially the turkey bones. They can be a choking hazard. In addition, dishes often have onions and garlic in them, which can be toxic to dogs.
- Keep candles up so a happy wagging tail or an curious cat doesn’t knock candles down.
- Chocolate is toxic to dogs. Keep any holiday treats up where Fido can’t get to them to avoid accidental ingestion.
- Consider a safe room for dogs and cats who may be stressed out by all the extra company. It’s okay if your pet isn’t a social butterfly.
- If you are traveling for the holiday, research the closest 24-Hour ER vet ahead of time – just in case you need one.
- Don’t forget to give your pet extra attention and love this holiday season!
For additional tips call the helpline at (502) 509-4738 or email us at [email protected].