May 5 is Giving Tuesday Now: Pledge Your Support for the Animals
The Kentucky Humane Society is participating in #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity for nonprofits worldwide. Let’s stand together and support our community and the animals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are partnering with ZoomGive to offer text to give. To participate, text the word Tuesday to 833-715-2222.
We’re Here for Needy Animals and the People Who Love Them
The pandemic has taught us how to do things differently to help keep our community safe while serving the animals who need us:
- We are finding amazing homes for needy dogs, cats and horses, using remote counseling.
- Our COVID-19 Pet Food Bank has assisted over 1,300 families with more than 4,800 animals.
- Our Pet Help Line is counseling hundreds of stressed families a week and providing emergency assistance to help keep pets healthy and in their homes.
- We are offering virtual dog training through video and phone counseling, helping families address problem behaviors.
- Through curbside appointments, our Heathy Pets Clinic is providing affordable preventives to current clients.
More Ways to Help
We know that not everyone can donate at this time. Here are other ways you can make a difference for animals and help us celebrate #GivingTuesdayNow:
- Pledge to adopt or foster a needy shelter animal.
- Post a video or photo of yourself with your animal to social media, telling why you support animals. Tag us @kyhumane.org and #GivingTuesdayNow. You can inspire others, even when we’re apart.
- Create masks for your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or KHS staff. Your act of kindness can help keep our community safe.
- Call friends and neighbors who have animals and may need your help. Do they need pet food support, or someone to walk their dog?
- Tell people you know who are struggling financially about KHS resources. Our Pet Help Line, 502-509-4738, provides critical resources to pet owners so they can keep their animals healthy and in their homes.